Green energy, renewable power, eco-friendly

Welcome to leave your comments about green energy, alternative power, eco-frienldy business, electric cars...

« Three key elements of solar cellHow can we use solar energy in our daily life? »

Record your daily experiences for eco-friendly

Share |

Record your daily experiences for eco-friendly

Many of us are aware that our earth is suffering from severe pain, which comes from the daily actions of our human beings. But can we do something for environmentally friendly? And how can we do? Are we really doing something for the environment?

I have no rights to ask you to do this or not to do that. It's up to our own decision. Indeed we can make difference through our daily life for going eco-friendly.

We may ride a bike for work or shopping. Then we can reduce the pollution caused by our car. We may use recycled materials, then reduce the waste. We may use solar or wind power in our home to reduce the usage of electricity from conventional sources. We may buy electric cars or hybrid electric cars, to reduce the emissions of conventional automobiles... There are so many we can do. Some are cheap, feasible to all, others are expensive.
eco-friendly

So I decided to start this event - record your daily experiences for eco-friendly.

I will post this event on many places and many websites, such as LinkedIn, xing, ushi, facebook, twitter... And will try to ask more and more friends to participate.

Hope you can comment here daily to record your daily experiences for eco-friendly. Your participation will be valuable to us, valuable to our earth. And more and more people may parcipate in this event just because of your actions too.

You can leave your comments daily for eco-friendly in many websites. Also I hope more and more websites will participate! I will be glad to hear from you too. I am Michelle, my email is info@energy-green.net

• quote 1.Youssef.Oualmakran
  • - I do not have a car: I walk or use public transportation (I must say
    that sometimes a friend drive me to my destination) ;
    - I do not have a mobile phone, I just have the old wired phone ;
    - I tend not to use Windows, and run instead Linux which I think use
    less energy ;
    - I disable by default Flash while browsing on the internet.
    Michelle replied on 8/6/2010 2:16:08 AM
    Youssef, thanks.

Hope more and more will participate this event daily, record the experience for green & eco-friendly.
  • 8/6/2010 1:34:00 AM reply this comment
  • quote 3.Amish
  • ....Usually I carry my own Cloth bag to the mall...I refuse plastic as well as paper bags for that matter...Encourage a lot of people to do so as well..Plastic bags take nearly 1000 years to biodegrade & in the process also cause a lot of damage to our ecosystem & animal life. Paper bags also have a lot of invested energy in their production & when u use paper...u r also imposing a bit on the planet...Paper can be reused best upto 5 times after which the fibre gets weak & is deemed unfit for recycling which invariably means that it is headed for the landfill
    Michelle replied on 8/6/2010 7:35:26 AM
    Amish, thanks for your post. Hope you can share more daily.
  • 8/6/2010 4:58:27 AM reply this comment
  • quote 4.John
  • This is a thought-provoking challenge.

Today ... I used a manual hedge shears, instead of the gas-powered trimmer, to cut some tall grass (as in about 2 or 3 feet high) shading our vegetable garden. I usually enjoy silence or hearing the birds when I work outside; using the manual tool also provides some exercise and costs less to maintain. Though there are times when I have to use the gas powered trimmer for our ecological restoration work. Sometimes compromise is necessary for the greater good.
    Michelle replied on 8/7/2010 2:56:22 AM
    John, thanks for your efforts for eco-friendly.
  • 8/6/2010 11:33:43 PM reply this comment
  • quote 5.Jori
  • I walk to work or I ride the bus. I also live in a LEED certified building where we have a great recycling program.

I plant my own herbs and vegetables on my balcony, while always doing my best to use re-usable shopping bags when I go to the grocery store.

Thanks Michelle for the great resource.
    Michelle replied on 8/17/2010 12:13:38 AM
    Jori, thanks for your sharing. Hope more people will share and go green like you.
  • 8/16/2010 12:35:29 PM reply this comment
  • quote 6.Stig
  • I use since over a year the Green Washing Ball for my laundry.
    It's filled with natural ceramics and not only it prevents the nature from all toxic chemicals in ordinary laundry powder, it also saves me approx 90% of my laundry budget. A Green Washing Ball lasts for about 1000 laundries before you need to change it.
    Read more: http://greenwashball.org/

(In fact it looks a bit like the beautiful earth picture here above)
    green replied on 12/22/2010 10:15:40 PM
    Stig, that sounds great. If more and more people will do the same as you, the earth will be cleaner and greener.
  • 12/22/2010 3:08:35 PM reply this comment